The K’ómoks First Nation Finance Department is responsible for the management, monitoring and reporting of the Nation’s financial transactions. This includes activities such as paying invoices, collecting revenues from various funding organizations, managing KFN financial resources, interacting with financial institutions to protect KFN’s monetary interests, processing payroll for staff, insuring assets and managing the organization’s financial risks.
Finance works to ensure:
- the long-term financial health of KFN is sustained via proper budgeting and monitoring of operating and capital costs and resources;
- capital assets are properly recorded, identified, maintained, repaired or replaced whenever necessary;
- financial reports are available for program staff, Chief and Council;
- the annual audit of KFN is completed in a timely and efficient manner; and
- tax revenues and utilities are issued and collected within required timelines.
Finance touches many areas of the organization and strives to work with everyone in a healthy, cooperative fashion that helps to promote greater financial awareness and efficiency.