K’ómoks First Nation Vision Statement:
hɛhɛwčɩs; Hayuthela la xens: Moving Forward Together
We, the K’ómoks people envision a prosperous and healthy Nation, in which we exercise our rights and title throughout our territory, honouring our people, lands, waters, cultures and languages.
K’ómoks First Nation Mission Statement:
K’ómoks First Nation ensures the well-being and self-sufficiency in all aspects of our Nation by asserting our rights and title while upholding out members.
Well-being is defined as:
● Overall, improving the happiness and contentment of our elders, youth, members and families by ensuring their basic needs are met and have access to opportunities
● Enhancing the social connectedness through culture, communication, respect, and understanding
● Enhancing financial health by providing opportunities for employment, training, and education
● Enhancing physical health through recreation and sport
● Enhancing mental health through cultural support programs
In the spirit of reconciliation, it is encouraged and appreciated that our local organizations show acknowledgement of the K’ómoks First Nation Unceded Traditional Territory at their public and internal gatherings when appropriate.
Here is the acknowledgement we recommend:
[Our organization] respectfully acknowledges that we are standing on the Unceded traditional territory of the K’ómoks First Nation.
Stewardship Policy Fee Schedule